Tuesday 2 August 2011

He Loves It When You Call

Out in the car today, doing my usual long chat to God as I drove, I probably found myself rambling a bit, I was going over the things that had happened over the last week that I needed strength for and then was distracted by the awsome scenery and just had to give thanks for the incredibly beautiful world we live in, and then I didn't really know where else I wanted the prayer to go so I gave in and turned the radio on.........that was when God spoke to me. 

No, he's not moonlighting as a DJ, he's got enough on his plate at the moment.  It was the song that came on, that for me immediately was God saying 'thanks for the chat'.

The Feeling I Love It When You Call Years ago when this song first came out, our Pastor used it as an illustration in her sermon.  I know, imagine that, pop music in a place of God.  Well I'm still here and we weren't all turned to stone. (Don't even go there on the fact our Pastor at that time was a She)!

Anyway her point was God loves it when we call.  He is our Father, if we can't go to Him who can we go to?

Is any among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praise. Jam 5.13

Pray for one another, that you may be healed. Jam 5.16b

Therefore, I desire that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. 1Ti 2:8

The line in the song 'what's the complication, it's only conversation' couldn't be more true about the way we communicate with God.  Just talk to Him!  He loves it when you call!

No comments:

Post a Comment