Monday 8 August 2011

Ian Morgan Cron Jesus, My Father, The CIA, And Me

If you are looking for a book that gives an exposé of the CIA, this isn’t it.  If you are looking for an honestly written autobiography that’ll have you chuckling from one page and forming a lump in your throat on the next, this is it.  Ian tells of his childhood through to college years and beyond, all of which have been impaired by the lack of a suitable father-figure.  Throughout the book he appears to cling on to a faith, sometimes by the skin of his teeth.
I love autobiographies so I was pleased that almost immediately this book provoked my emotions of not only humour but sadness.  Ian tells his story in a way that makes you forget you are reading a book, you feel you know each character personally and can imagine you are sat in the same room as Ian, smiling appreciatively but with a tear in your eye as he recounts the stories of the love shown by his best friend, the fight with his father and towards the end of the book, the treat of Ian letting you know about himself as a father.

This book is proof that we can re-write our life-script, even if it does mean you have to see a counsellor regularly!  I would recommend this book to anyone, my life has nothing in common with Ian’s, but I identified very well with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment