Friday 30 September 2011

Weekly Song Round Up



My car failed me the other week (on the way to my counsellor of all places, you know how I like those drives!)

So I did the only sensible thing, I now allow my husband to drive our unreliable car and I have been using his - this would be a good switch if he drove a two year old mercedes company car or something, but he actually drives a 25 year old Volvo........I know, but at least it won't (shouldn't) break down on me.

This beast of a classic car is equipped with a tape deck, so I have had no choice but to listen to cassette's while I am out and about.

For any readers under 20 or maybe even 30, cassettes were around at the same time as 'records' which pre-date c.d's, well let's just say when I bought this particular 'tape' 20 odd years ago, I could never have imagined I would be sharing it's brilliant music with people all over the world with a few drags and clicks.......what will they think of next?

Anyway this weeks music has been the fantastic Paul McCartney's Tug of War album!  I recommend you go immediately to spotify now, or any other reasonable musical download outlet and give it a listen!

A couple of my other faves from the album are Wanderlust and Ebony & Ivory.

Which old cassette or record would you like to dig out and re-listen to?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to dig out the Sugarhill Gang's Rappers Delight! It was like the first real rap/hip hop song to come out, back when no-one was cussing a blue streak in their verse. I had the LP (14 minute version included) and guarded it with my life! Saw them on TV singing it a few years ago; brought back fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tune! Partial to a bit of rap/hip hop myself! In fact there isn't much music I don't like!

    ReplyDelete