Saturday 24 December 2011

Nothing Is Impossible With God

We have just come back from our Church Carol Service. I have only been once before, that was last year.

I immediately started to fill up with tears as the thoughts of the last year came flooding back to me.

This time last year I had just started to get the help I needed from the people around me, who loved and cared for me. 

As 2011 started I was still unsure of what was happening for me and how the future would turn out. I remember our Pastor saying to me, "maybe this year will be the year that works out OK. 2011 could be the year where things start to change for the better".  I'm sure he probably finished the sentence with a disclaimer in case the year did turn out to go belly up.

But......he was right, I started a proper relationship with God in January, was baptised in July and overcome many personal obstacles. It has definately been one of my better years!

As with everyone, there has and will be times that trip me up and set me down, but I have a hope for the future, as was read tonight in our service:

Luke 1:37 (NLT) For nothing is impossible with God.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot for one year! I'm so glad so you are doing well :) You also won the Bible study book from my giveaway, so if you could send me an e-mail with your address I will send it to you :) My e-mail address is rhodajane at gmail dot com, disguised for e-mail spammers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw brilliant, thanks! Will email you!

    ReplyDelete