Tuesday 17 January 2012

Hope & Help

I was inspired to write this after the two sermons last Sunday, which reminded me I had hope for the future
Psalm 25:3 "No-one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame"
And also, that although it may have looked like things weren't improving, God had been there helping me all the way
1 Samuel 7:12 "Thus far the Lord has helped us"


God's words are in purple, my responses are in pink.

Where have you been?  Nothing has changed.
The struggles are still here, when will they end?

Really? I haven’t been with you?
Let me remind you what has changed and what I have been doing for you.

You used to not eat, because you felt permanently sick
But now I eat plenty

You used to feel trapped and alone
But now I feel free and have company

You used to feel scared in public
But now I enjoy the show

You used to not be able to talk to me privately
But now I can talk to you privately and publicly

You used to worry yourself into terror about the future
But now I know my future is with you

You used to be bound by the fear of religion
But now by your grace I am free of those restraints

You used to think you couldn’t love me
But now I know I love you

You used to feel shame and guilt
But now my hope is in you

You used to think I wasn’t with you
But now I can see this far you have helped me


No comments:

Post a Comment